Norton Security protects your PC against the latest viruses, spyware, and other threats. It delivers fast, powerful online protection to keep you a step ahead of cyber attacks. It lets you chat, email and share files without worry, updates automatically, offers easy-to-use features, and includes free customer support during your subscription period.
With the release of Norton Security, Symantec is discarding the separate editions of AntiVirus, Internet Security, and Norton 360, instead offering all three in one comprehensive package. The suite supports up to 5 devices, but you can upgrade to Norton Security with Backup to cover 10 devices and get 25GB of online storage.
|· Added a link to launch Norton Forums from the Help Center UI
· Added the ability to directly Add a Device from the Help Center UI
· Changed the flow for enabling browser based features in Firefox (SafeSearch, Security Toolbar, and Identify Safe)
· Additional prompts to configure the newly added ID Safe support for Firefox.
· Removed the optical (CD-DVD) backup feature due to general trend to obsolescence. The product will continue to support restore from optical media.
· Minor usability tweaks to the way the ‘More Norton’ pillar of the main UI is toggled
· Fixed an issue where sometimes CPU would spike to 100% when running scans on SSD drives
· Fixed an issue where sometimes full system scans fail to complete
· Fixed an intermittent problem where the Norton Toolbar disappears in IE
· Fixed an issue where Safeweb markups were not working for the Japanese translations of Bing and Yahoo search
· Fixed an issue where sometimes Norton would prevent the computer from going into sleep mode
· Fixed an issue where sometimes Norton Insight jobs would fail to run in the background
· Fixed an issue where Safeweb markups were not working on Yahoo search on Chrome
|Release Date||October 11, 2016|
|Operating Systems||Windows XP/Vista/7/8|
|License Model||Free to try|